June 17 @ 3:00 pm – June 19 @ 5:00 pm
3 days of celebration, reflection, and rejoicing! The AFRICAN AMERICAN COALITION OF HOPKINS COUNTY is sponsoring the first annual Juneteenth Festival at Festus Claybon Park in Madisonville on June 17th, 18th & 19th.
Tentative schedule of activities:
- FRIDAY (3-7pm) – Basketball tournament, games (for all ages) music, food, vendors, Black history, prizes, rides and more!
- SATURDAY (11am-7pm) – Basketball tournament, games (for all ages), music, food, vendors, Black history, prizes, rides and more!
- SUNDAY (3-5pm) – Vendors, Gospel Music Fest featuring some of Hopkins County’s best musical talent!
Churches, organizations, businesses, vendors are being invited and encouraged to participate in our first annual Juneteenth celebration.
- The cost to participate as a Food Vendor for the 3-day event is $100 (donation). No more than 2 food vendors will be allowed to sell the same food item. First come, first served.
- The cost for CHURCH VENDORS is $50 (donation).
- The cost for SMALL BUSINESS VENDORS (i.e. – jewelry, clothing, sweet treats, etc.) is $40 (donation).
If your church, organization, or business would like to participate, please call (270) 836-9097 or (270) 871-4811 or see any member of the African American Coalition. NOTE: If you would like to set up as a vendor to “give back” to your community, or would like to offer FREE services or supplies such as food/drink items, haircuts, etc., (upon approval) a vendor donation will not be required.